Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Toffee Rolls


I made these awhile back at a time where I didn't know whether I was coming or going. I apparently threw the recipe back in the pile and forgot about them. I am stunned by this because these are heavenly. Also not so stunned because I think I ate half the batch before I told anyone else they were done.

Yeah, these are really good.

And really easy.

Have The Boy mix the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and toffee bits together while you lay out a package of refrigerated crescent rolls.
After you seal all the perforations, spread that butter mixture evenly across the top.
Roll them up and cut them into 1 inch slices.
Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes.
Mix up some icing using powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and drizzle over the rolls.
Did I mention these were good?

Click here for Printable Recipe

Toffee Rolls
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup Toffee Bits or almond brickle chips
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup confectioners' sugar
4-1/2 teaspoons whole milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Stir in toffee bits.
Separate each tube of crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread evenly with butter mixture. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
Cut each into six 1-in. slices; place cut side down into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 4 dozen.

No comments: