Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nutella Pizza

Since we have been making every version of pizza known to man and Cici's (macaroni and cheese topping anyone?), we figured we might as well double that dough recipe and make dessert to go along with it.

Robin Sue posted this ages ago and I am just now getting around to making it. If you listen carefully, you will hear crying in the background.


Mix up your dough. Go with the No Rise Dough recipe. It will never fail you.
Have The Girl spread it out into an approximate circle.
Bake this until it's nice and crispy. Mine took about 8 minutes.

Spread on the Nutella. I used about half a cup. I heated the Nutella for about 30 seconds in the microwave so it would spread a little easier.
Sprinkle on a chopped up apple. Granny Smith is my favorite and really gives this a nice bite. I luckily had some leftover toffee bits from the Toffee Rolls so I sprinkled those on, along with a few chopped walnuts on one half. The Kids don't really care for nuts, so I left some nut free.
Allow the 'ooohs' and 'aaahhs'
Slice it up and have it for dessert. And a snack. And breakfast if it lasts that long.


Nutella is one of those hidden gems that people in my part of the country just now seem to be discovering. One of my kids had a jar at a track meet the other day and was dipping peanut butter crackers in it. Yum! The Boy likes it on his toast with banana slices. You can make a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich.

But this is by far my favorite way to use it.

Click here for Printable Recipe

Nutella Pizza
Nutella
one apple finely diced
2/3 cup toasted walnut pieces
2/3 cup toffee bits
Spread on as much slightly heated Nutella as you want onto your baked pizza crust. Add apple, toffee and walnut pieces. Slice and enjoy.




No comments: