Monday, October 26, 2009

Chicken Cups

And so it begins. The Girl is now in the third grade and is starting to get involved into different activities. I don't really know how it happened, but suddenly, I am shuttling from Girl Scouts to piano to gymnastics. On Mondays.

The other morning I forgot to get out hamburger to thaw for supper. I had 37 minutes to get kids fed and get back out the door. I had 14 bite size pieces of leftover Rubber Chicken and refrigerated biscuits. And this is what happened...

Spray a regular sized muffin pan and press a biscuit into each one. Flatten it down and a little bit up the sides.
Fill those up about half way with the leftover chicken
Add about a tablespoon of barbecue sauce. Or, if your children are vehemently opposed to barbecue sauce, you can use ketchup. I am thinking pizza sauce would be a good substitute as well. With some pepperoni...
Top with a half tablespoon of cheese. I used colby-jack, but you could use any kind you like.
Bake in a 350 oven for about 15 minutes.
As someone with small children, these were wonderful. Easy to handle, extremely yummy. While my kids aren't really picky eaters, they inhaled these. Versatile as all get out. Leftover roast beef with cheddar? Chicken and pizza sauce? Chicken with alfredo? The possibilities are endless here.

Although, I'm not sure Jeff would really go along with it. These aren't really what he would consider an actual meal, so I probably wouldn't try to pass them off to him as one. I'll just save them for a night when he isn't here.

I'm thinking these would be great to take to a potluck. Or picnic. Or as a side with soup.

Click here for Printable Recipe

Chicken Cups
1 Cup Chopped Chicken
1 pkg Refrigerated Biscuits
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
Press biscuits into greased muffin tins. Fill each biscuit about half way with chicken pieces. Top each with about 1 teaspoon BBQ sauce and 1 teaspoon shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

No comments: