Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Meatball Bake

Okay. I haven't been writing. Mostly this is because I haven't been cooking. Jeff has been laid off for awhile and has been home. This means that I come home to a running washing machine and dinner on the table. I do not apologize.

I cleaned out the pantry the other day. It was scary. I had an unbelievable amount of barbecue sauce, enough to last us through next summer I dare say. My freezer is also starting to burst at the seams, so that is next on my list.

In an effort to actually use some of the food I have on hand, I have been making stuff up. I have had a bit of success with this, as this Meatball Bake proves.

Add 2 cups of frozen hashbrowns to the bottom of a baking pan and top with 1 cup of frozen corn. You could use canned corn if you had it on hand, just be sure to drain it.
Top with your leftover meatballs (about half a package) and a can of (undrained) diced tomatoes. These come in a variety of seasonings. I really like the Italian flavored.
Stir this all up.
And top with mozzarella cheese. Actually, I think this is an Italian blend. Go with what works for you. You really can't go wrong with cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

This was yummy. I think it would be pretty good with Rotel tomatoes and cheddar cheese, too.

Click here for Printable Recipe

Meatball Bake
2 Cups Frozen Hashbrowns
1 Cup Frozen Corn
2 Cups Frozen Meatballs
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
Mix all ingredients into a baking dish, cover and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

No comments: