Sunday, February 7, 2010

Taco Cups

Awhile back, someone brought these amazing sausage ranch won-ton appetizer things. I got the recipe and promptly lost it. So when it came time to make them for our Super Bowl get together, the only ingredient I really had was the won-tons. I thought I had sausage and I thought I had ranch mix. Turns out I didn't have either.

I had sent Jeff to the grocery store to get the won-ton wrappers and that was such an ordeal that I felt like I was obligated to make something with them. Apparently no one in our little hometown grocery store knew where they were stocked. Their place in the store is up on the top shelf of a refrigerator in the produce section. It's a good thing Jeff is so tall or he never would have located them.

I had hamburger and taco seasoning. So taco flavored it is.

Press a won-ton wrapper into a greased muffin cup.
Brown a pound of hamburger and add an envelope of taco seasoning. I also added in about a quarter cup of salsa. Add a spoonful of this mixture to the bottom of the muffin cup.
Top with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
Bake at 425 for about 5 minutes. It doesn't take much at all to cook won-tons.

Add a dollop of sour cream and a bit of chopped tomato and shredded lettuce.
I waited until I had all the filling in to remove them from the muffin pans. Just so the bottoms didn't fall out.

I ate three of these before I even called anyone in to try them. They nearly didn't make it until the company got here. Even The Girl ate these and she claims to hate tacos.

Click here for Printable Recipe

Mini Tacos
24 wonton wrappers
1 pound lean ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons Salsa
4 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend
Sour cream
Chopped Tomato
Shredded Lettuce
Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Press the wonton wrappers into 24 muffin-pan cups.
Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat. Stir in the taco seasoning mix and salsa. Spoon the beef mixture into the wonton cups. Top with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until the wontons are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce.

No comments: