Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cheesecake Dip

I think it's going to storm again. That coupled with the fact that it is Super Bowl Sunday, and I am a cooking maniac today. I couldn't decide what to make. I had several different recipes I wanted to try and so instead of spending wasted hours narrowing my selections down, I just made them all.

This dip comes from Mommy's Kitchen and it is a sweet dip in contrast to the savory dips we usually have. It is insanely delicious. The Girl ate it by the spoonful, completely ignoring the fact that a dip traditionally is, you know, dipped onto something. A cheesecake dip. Can't really go wrong there, can you?


Add a stick of butter to a block of cream cheese. Both should be at room temperature.
Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla.
Add in 3/4 cup powdered sugar. The second time I made this I accidentally added granulated, but in the end, it didn't make any difference. Your powdered sugar will mix in a little better. Warning!! DO NOT sample the mixture here! You will never get to the next step!
Mix in 3/4 mini chocolate chips.
Stir well. Tina says to refrigerate and then form into a ball. We didn't get that far.
Serve with graham crackers, Teddy Grahams, Scooby Snacks, vanilla wafers, what ever you have on hand.
Can you say "inhaled"??? Like I said, The Girl ate this with a spoon.


Click here for Printable Recipe


Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, vanilla wafers or animal crackers.
Beat softened cream cheese, butter and vanilla until creamy. Slowly add sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Place mixture in a lidded container. Refrigerate for 1 -2 hours form into a ball. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers or animal crackers.

No comments: