Friday, March 4, 2011

Chicken Valentino

I don't know where I got this recipe. I have had it for awhile, but can't seem to find the original source. There are a lot of recipes out there that claim to be Chicken Valentino, but don't seem to look anything like another one. This could be Chicken Valentino and it could possibly NOT be Chicken Valentino. From here on out, this is what I mean when I say I am making Chicken Valentino.

I'm not usually big on stuffed anything recipes mainly because they seem to take forever to put together and they never seem to some out like they are supposed to. I made this one because it reminded me of a song. Yes. I am THAT close to actually going insane. Anyway, remember the Bangles song Manic Monday?



I love that song and had forgotten all about it until this recipe came to me. "I was kissin' Valentino by a crystal blue Italian stream..." I sang that song the whole time I was making this. Jeff thinks I need a nap.

Pound your chicken breasts flat and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, cheddar cheese.
Add a little bit of mozzarella cheese and thinly sliced roasted red peppers.
Roll 'em up and stick in a toothpick or two so they stay rolled.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
Click here for Printable Recipe

Chicken Valentino
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Roasted Red Peppers, sliced

Pound the chicken breasts flat. Sprinkle with seasoning, cheeses and red peppers. Roll up the chicken breast and secure with a toothpick. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until juices run clear.

No comments: