Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dill Dip


I got a Kindle for Jeff for Christmas this year. He spends a disproportionate amount of his time in motel rooms waiting to get called back to work. And he reads like nothing you have ever seen. We have books all over the house and they were starting to plot their takeover. He loved it and hasn't put it down yet.

So he got me one for Mother's Day. 

I can't honestly say I love it as much as Jeff does, but I don't have any complaints about it, either. What I have become obsessed with is the free books that Amazon offers. Every few days I go a little crazy and download about ten books simply because they don't cost me anything. I have 153 books on my Kindle right now, some of which I am looking at right now and more than a little perplexed as to why I have it, even if it WAS free. 

One day, it was cookbooks. Free cookbooks? Yes, please.

In one of those cookbooks (I think it was the Circle of Friends, but I can't seem to locate the recipe) was a recipe for Dill Dip. When we visited my very pregnant sister last month, we spent a lot of time eating, and this was one of the snacks we decided to try. 

Add lemon juice, dried parsley, dill, dried sage and dried garlic to two cups of sour cream.
Mix it all up and serve with vegetables and crackers. This can be served immediately, but it gets better if you let all the flavors blend together for a few hours.
This was terrific. It is so muggy in Tennessee that you seriously can't even breathe. This dip is the perfect counteraction to that. It is light and tangy and goes with anything you have on hand. My brother-in-law went nuts over it. It worked really well as a sandwich spread, too.

Click here for Printable Recipe

Dill Dip
2 Cups Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
1 1/2 Tablespoon Dill Weed, minced
2 teaspoons Dried Sage
1 teaspoon Dried, Minced Garlic
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well, cover and chill.

No comments: