Sunday, July 10, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Chicken

I have had the cutout of this recipe for a really long time, but I am reasonably sure it came from the Kraft Foods magazine. If you have children, if you work, or if you simply don't get much good mail, I highly suggest you hop on over to their site and subscribe.

NOTE: I opened the Kraft site in order to link above and spent nearly half an hour surfing. I hadn't been there in awhile, but am now aware that it has tons of great stuff. Recipes (duh), videos, coupons...seriously, check it out.

Anyway, add one chopped up garlic clove and about 3/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper to 1 cup of mayonnaise.
NOT "Miracle" Whip. MW is from the devil. Real mayonnaise is from heaven. Funny, when I was growing up, we always had MW and called it mayo. I can remember my grandma calling it salad dressing. I never really understood that until I grew up and discovered that MW and mayo were not one and the same.

Add the chicken and let it marinate about 30 minutes. I have tried freezing this mixture in a plastic freezer bag (if you don't do this with marinades, you must try it - saves sooooo much time on weeknights), but with the mayo, it really didn't work well.
Put the chicken under the broiler for about 10 minutes. If you use full size chicken breasts, maybe a bit more. I use the chicken breast strips, so it doesn't take too long.
I love these. My kids love these.

I just found out my husband does not. I don't know how many times I have made these, but he has never mentioned it. Apparently it's the mayo. Something about cooked mayo does not sit well with him. Of course, food-borne illness are a big thing with him. If leftovers have been in the refrigerator for more than 18 hours, it "is no good." This isn't a big deal in my house, since he is gone so much.  We just work this dinner in on a night when he is not here.


Click here for Printable Recipe

Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
1 Pound Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 medium Roasted Red Pepper, finely chopped
1 clove Garlic, minced
Place chicken in shallow dish Mix mayonnaise, red pepper and garlic until well blended. Pour over chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on rack of broiler pan. Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning once.

No comments: