Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Quest for the Perfect Hot Chocolate Part II

I really wanted to like this one. Not because it is "fat free sugar free", but because it had pudding in it. What a good idea. Typically I steer clear of any recipe that advertises itself as fat free. To me, that simply means flavor free. The sugar free intrigued me. One of my New Year's resolutions was to cut back on sugar. (This is not going well, by the way)

So I tried it. I made it non sugar free, simply because I don't have Splenda in my pantry, so I was 'forced' to use real sugar.


Fat Free Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Mix

Directions

  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Store in airtight container.
  3. To make a cup of hot chocolate use 1/4 cup of mix and 1 cup hot water.


Nope, not it. There are rave review aplenty on the Recipezaar.com site this recipe came from, but I just am not getting it. It could be the nonfat dry milk powder. That in general I don't like. There really wasn't much in the way of a chocolate taste - it tasted more like...wait for it....pudding.

The search goes on.

No comments: