Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Quest for the Perfect Hot Chocolate Part III

So I'm cleaning off my kitchen counter, my cabinet door is open, and the Hershey's cocoa box is at eye level. Guess what it says on the side?? Perfectly Chocolate Hershey's Hot Cocoa. How long has that been there? Surely, Hershey's knows what they are doing.


Perfectly Chocolate Hershey's Hot Cocoa
  • 2 tablespoons sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
  • 2-3 teaspoons hershey"s cocoa
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in large mug.
  2. Heat milk in microwave at HIGH(100%) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot.
  3. Gradually add hot milk to cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended.
  4. Stir in vanilla.

We're getting there. At first, I thought this was the one. Nice balance between chocolate and sugar and milk. But then the after taste remained. Not overpoweringly so, but I still felt the need to brush my teeth right away. Although this one moves up to the top of my list, I am still looking.

No comments: