Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cinnamon Butter


Can you believe it's 2011? Have you decided on your resolutions? I have two. I had three, but didn't want to go overboard, you know. My abandoned resolution was to eat healthier. A couple things stood in my way.

First, we eat pretty good here anyway. I have been so lucky to have kids who aren't afraid of vegetables. So I really wasn't too worried about our diet to begin with. It just seemed like the type of resolution you should make.

Second, I discovered how to make my own cinnamon butter. There is no way I could in good conscious pledge to eat healthy when I know this exists.

Half a stick of butter, two tablespoons powdered sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Whip this together.
Spread on homemade bread.
Oh my. Or, if you are really feeling indulgent...

Spread this onto pancakes...
I will never be without this again.

Click here for Printable Recipe

Cinnamon Butter
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
Whip all ingredients until light and fluffy. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.

No comments: