Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hot Corn Dip

I checked out Trisha Yearwood's cookbook from the library this summer. It is beautiful with lots of really good looking food. For some reason, I never actually got around to making anything from it. When I returned it, I told myself that I was going to buy it, but for some reason, I can't ever remember to order it. And, it turns out she has two cookbooks and I don't know which one I had. Might just have to buy them both.

I did, however, jot down this one recipe. Why I picked this one, I don't know.

On our last snow day, my plan was to have leftovers for lunch. I had everything to make this dip, so I thought it would make a nice addition. I ended up just having this for lunch. The leftovers went untouched. Good thing I only made a half recipe!

I used a can of Mexican corn, a can of green chilies, half a cup of mayonnaise, 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan and a cup of shredded Colby-Jack cheese.
Mix it all together and spread out into a greased pan.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until it gets all nice and bubbly.
Dip with chips. Tortilla, corn, whatever you have.
Jeff actually came in and not realizing it was a dip, started eating it with a spoon. The Girl proclaimed it "awesome!" I think The Boy just ate chips.

This is really, really good. It's best warm, but not bad cold, either. I'm thinking it's going to be on the menu for the Super Bowl. I think it would also cook well in the crock pot. I'll try that next time and let you know.

Click here for Printable Recipe

Hot Corn Dip
2 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn, drained
2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
2 cups grated monterey jack cheese (about 8 ounces)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
corn chips, tortilla chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 9 × 13 × 2-inch casserole dish. In a medium bowl, mix the corn, chile's, cheeses, and mayonnaise until fully combined. Spread the mixture in the prepared casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve the dip warm from the oven with corn chips.

No comments: